Cute studio nestled under Byron's famous lighthouse
Wake up to stunning ocean views from this Cape Byron holiday rental retreat and look for surfing dolphins and tell-tale spouts of passing whales right from the comfort of your bed! Wategos Retreats Studio offers cosy accommodation for two in an unforgettable position, tucked beneath Byron Lighthouse. The open-plan living space includes a kitchen recess, modern bathroom and ceiling fans which complement the sea breezes.
Enjoy breakfast on the balcony drinking in the exceptional ocean views, watching playful pods of dolphins and spotting the occasional whale spout. Take a walk around the headland or stroll just 300m to the quiet sandy cove known only to the locals. Swim, sunbathe and relax before freshening up and heading into downtown Byron. It’s an easy 3-minute drive or a 20-minute scenic stroll to the nearest shops, cafés and bars where lively nightlife and a choice of casual alfresco dining await.
Wategos Retreats consists of two adjacent properties - a studio and an apartment, making it a great place for two couples wishing to get away together but still have their own privacy.
- Studio with one queen bed and one bathroom, sleeps 2
- Stunning ocean views
- Private balcony
- Kitchenette recess
- Open-plan living/sleeping area
- Ceiling fans
- DVD player and stereo
- Beach towels provided
- Peaceful location beneath Byron Lighthouse
- Strolling distance (300m) to the sandy beach
- 3 minutes’ drive or a 20-minute stroll to downtown Byron
- 3.5km to shops, bars and restaurants
This cosy Byron Bay Studio at Wategos Retreats is more intimate than its neighbouring counterpart Wategos Retreats Apartment, and has a well-planned open layout with polished wood floors and everything you need for living, cooking, chilling out and sleeping. This unique escape provides stunning ocean views from almost every point in the studio.The kitchenette is perfect for fixing drinks and preparing breakfast which you can enjoy at the table in front of the picture window. Alternatively, dine al fresco and relax on cushioned chairs on the private balcony. Keep an eye open for surfing dolphins and breaching whales that frequent this coastline as you revel in this peaceful haven. Stay cool beneath the ceiling fans and head into Byron Town for supplies, entertainment and casual dining. After dark, relax on the leather sofa and make use of the Wi-Fi, TV and DVD player. Odds are you’ll find yourself watching the mesmerizing ocean views instead from sun-up to moonlit night sky!
This open-plan studio includes a comfortable queen size bed for two with quality bed linen and unsurpassed views through the picture window. There’s a separate modern bathroom/wet room with shower.
The private balcony is furnished with two cushioned chairs and a table. Enjoy the sounds of the ocean and stunning views as you read, relax and dine in this exclusive Byron hideaway.
On-street parking is available at this Byron Bay holiday studio with a Locals Parking Coupon (provided).
Located on Byron Headland, mainland Australia’s easternmost point, Wategos Retreats Studio is tucked beneath the landmark Byron Lighthouse. It enjoys unsurpassed views and is a short 300m stroll from the quiet sandy beach below. This enviably located studio is close enough to the water to spot playful dolphins and passing pods of migrating whales as they frolic offshore.
The nearby Cape Byron Walking Track is a 3.7km walking/jogging trail around scenic Cape Byron Headland which is easy to access from your secluded Gold Coast holiday retreat. The loop trail is popular for whale watching and dolphin spotting and provides scenic lookout points (although you have the best private views from your Wategos Studio rental!)
The nearest shops, cafés and nightlife are just 3 minutes’ drive or a 20-minute stroll away in downtown Byron, which is 3.5km distance. A short drive into the Hinterland provides a delightful succession of historic villages, stores and taverns offering excellent dining and scenic walks into the rainforest.
Nearby airports include Ballina/Byron Gateway Airport 36km away and the Gold Coast International Airport at Brisbane, 70km distance.
- Studio / 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Kitchenette Only
- DVD Player
- Hair Dryer
- Group restrictions - maximum of 2 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond will be processed the week leading up to arrival.
Wategos Retreats Studio Location
Wategos Retreats Studio Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay