Stylish beach retreat located at Wategos
Wategos Retreats Apartments is the perfect Byron Bay holiday rental for those who want an unforgettable location. Perched on Cape Byron Headland just beneath the landmark lighthouse, this cosy one bedroom, one bathroom apartment is 300m from the nearest sandy beach where you can easily laze away the days in the sun. Enjoy al fresco breakfast, sundowners and snacks on your own private balcony. It’s like viewing the panoramic ocean and coastal views from the bridge of a ship! You’ll find everything you need for chilling out, including a kitchenette for preparing snacks, drinks and meals.
The location isn’t just about the stunning views. Byron Town is an easy 3-minute drive or a 20-minute amble from this prime holiday apartment, making it easy to shop in local delis, make new friends in local bars, dine of delicious seafood and enjoy the local nightlife. Burn off the calories with a morning jog along the 3.7km Lighthouse Loop or visit nearby Arakwal National Park
Wategos Retreats consists of two adjacent properties - book separately or together at Wategos Retreats Studio and Wategos Retreats Apartment, making it a great place for two couples wishing to get away together but still have their own privacy.
Please note: a property 2 doors down from Wategos Retreats has commenced major demolition and rebuild works (Oct 2020) which will go into 2021 with a break during the Xmas/NYE period. Noise will vary during the week but will be absent over weekends and public holidays. We will work with builders to understand the scope of works and expected impact as much as possible. Please consider this when booking and feel free to discuss with our helpful team so we can make your stay as pleasant as possible.
- 1 Bedroom and 1 bathrooms, sleeps 2
- Panoramic ocean and coastal views
- Private furnished balcony
- Spacious living area with wooden floors
- Ceiling fans and heating
- DVD player and stereo
- Beach towels provided
- Peaceful location beneath Byron Lighthouse
- Strolling distance (300m) to the sandy beach
- 3 minutes’ drive or a 20-minute stroll to downtown Byron
- 3.5km to shops, bars and restaurants
This Wategos Retreats Apartment has a little more space than the neighbouring Studio, allowing guests to spread out and enjoy the stunning views and sounds of the waves through large picture windows. Take breakfast at the small dining table or out on the terrace and enjoy the peaceful surroundings as you gaze out to the far horizon. After dark, curl up on the leather sofa, fling open the balcony doors and enjoy soft ocean breezes while watching TV or listening to music. The kitchen is well equipped for preparing light meals and drinks with an under-counter refrigerator, microwave and shelves filled with glasses and crockery.
Retire to bed in the separate bedroom which has a queen-size bed with quality bed linen. Awake to ocean views and distant sounds of the breaking surf through the breezy jalousie windows. There is a ceiling fan and a separate modern bathroom with shower.
Bedding configuration (sleeps 2):
- Master bedroom: 1 x queen bed with ensuite and balcony access
The balcony is the prime location for whale watching, quiet reading and star-gazing. It is furnished with a table and chairs for al fresco dining.
On-street parking is available at this Byron Bay holiday apartment with a Locals Parking Coupon (provided).
This enviably located Wategos Retreats Apartment rental on Cape Byron Headland is nestled beneath the historic lighthouse and 300m from the nearest quiet sandy beach for swimming and surfing. The 3.7km Lighthouse Loop walking trail runs nearby and provides superb views in all directions from this easternmost point of Australia’s mainland.
If you can tear yourself away, Byron Town shops, bars and cafés are a 3-minute drive away. You may prefer a gentle amble which takes around 20 minutes. Nearby attractions include the Arakwal National Park with its long sandy beach and wildlife. Diving and snorkelling can be enjoyed at Julian Rocks Marine Reserve, about 3km north of Cape Byron. Escape to the Hinterland for a day and discover quaint villages such as Federal and Bangalow in their own time warp – a great place for dining, shopping and browsing local art studios.
- Studio / 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Kitchenette Only
- DVD Player
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Group restrictions - maximum of 2 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond will be processed the week leading up to arrival.
Wategos Retreats Apartment Location
Wategos Retreats Apartment Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay