Delightful beach cottage with pool in the heart of Byron Bay
Laid-back vibe meets bohemian chic in this stylish pink beach house located in the heart of Byron Bay. Oozing warmth and character along with old world charm, this 5 bedroom 3 bathroom house, complete with pool and outdoor entertaining area, is a pleasure to the senses.
Framed by a quaint white picket fence and elevated front porch, this piece of living history has been thoughtfully restored to emphasise beautiful hardwood floors, high ornate ceilings and generous rooms whilst boasting all the expected modern conveniences, including ducted air-conditioning and heating throughout.
This truly enchanting enclave perfectly reflects the desirable 'Byronian' outdoor lifestyle and is further enhanced by the recent addition of a sparkling new pool in the colourful back garden entertainment area, featuring a large sundeck, separate sitting area and a purpose-built children’s play caravan.
Enchanting “Ubuntu” offers the perfect backdrop for that next beach holiday with family and friends, in a stylish and relaxed environment, and all of this only a short 2 minute walk to the centre of town and no more than 5 minutes to iconic Main Beach.
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 10 (max 8 adults)
- Gorgeously restored heritage cottage
- Outdoor entertainers area with children’s play area
- Indoor fireplace with starter kit during the winter months
- New in-ground pool
- Outdoor shower
- Casual, open plan living areas
- Pet friendly on request
- 2 minutes (300m) walk to town
- 5 minutes (700m) walk to Main Beach
- Off street parking available for 1 - 2 cars
A large open-plan casual living space takes up the back half of the property next to the kitchen and casual dining area. This lounge boasts floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the garden and pool area. There is a large wall-mounted TV screen in the lounge with Netflix access as well as a UE boom speaker.
There are numerous dining areas in this property. A small dining nook complete with bench seats is located next to the kitchen servery, perfect for a casual breakfast or for enjoying canapes and a social glass of wine during dinner preparation. A formal room is across the hall with a large rectangular table that can seat up to 8 people. Finally there is a large outdoor table next to the pool and BBQ for those long summer evenings.
A large open plan kitchen with modern appliances, plenty of bench space and a bright pink SMEG fridge - freezer will ensure that family meals are a breeze to create. The kitchen has an electric cooktop and oven, a microwave and a barista style espresso machine for that early morning coffee hit. There is also a gas BBQ on the outdoor deck in the back garden.
Ubuntu features 4 king bedrooms all situated off the central hallway and delightfully furnished in a charming and stylish way. A 5th kids bedroom is located adjacent to the main dining room with it’s own bathroom. All bedrooms have hanging space (rack or cupboard) and a chest of drawers for clothes storage. The front 2 bedrooms have French doors leading onto the front porch. All bedrooms have either ducted or reverse cycle air con.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 10, max 8 adults)
- Master Bedroom: king with ensuite, large cupboard and ducted aircon.
- Bedroom 2: king with reverse cycle air con
- Bedroom 3: king with ceiling fan and ducted air con.
- Bedroom 4: king with ducted air con, cupboard and ornate fireplace.
- Bedroom 5: two single beds with reverse cycle aircon
There are 3 bathrooms in the house including an ensuite off the master bedroom, a large bathroom adjacent to the living room and a bathroom next to the kids bedroom with easy access to the exterior of the property,
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite from master bedroom): shower over bath, toilet, single vanity
- Bathroom 2 (shared): shower, single vanity, toilet
- Bathroom 3 (ensuite to bedroom 5 - kids room): shower over bath, single vanity, toilet
There is a well set up laundry just inside the back door. It has a washing machine and dryer as well as a wash basin, iron and ironing board.
The outdoor space at the front of the property features a lovely porch overlooking the street complete with a swing chair and outdoor seating for whiling away those long summer evenings.
The back garden features a large entertaining deck with a separate sitting area, a large dining table as well as a BBQ. This area is next to the pool area. Nothing has been overlooked in this kids entertainment paradise with a purpose built toy caravan for the littlies to play in as well as a kid-sized basketball hoop and swing set. There is plenty of space for outdoor games.
NOTE: There is a separate storeroom at the back of the property next to the garage which is not available for use as it provides owner’s storage.
There is a new, fully-fenced pool located on the property in the back garden. The pool is not heated and measures 3m x 3.5m in size. The perfect spot for cooling down on a hot summer’s day.
The property is pet friendly on request and subject to the owner’s approval. Please contact our reservations team to discuss prior to booking. Terms and conditions apply.
Real lane access and parking is available for guest’s convenience. There is one parking space available outside the gate on the back lane. There is another space inside the back gate and if this is opened two cars can park one in front of the other, however in this case the gate cannot be closed.
Ubuntu is located right in the centre of Byron Bay, no more than a 2 minute walk to the main street (300m) and only 5 minutes (700m) from Main Beach.
- 5 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Streaming Service
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- New Listings
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.