Elegant hinterland estate with dual residences
Set among 180 acres of picturesque Byron Bay hinterland in Nashua on a family owned macadamia farm, Tralisan Farm delivers luxury and country tranquility in spades. This unique property consists of 2 luxury abodes - ‘The Homestead’, a sprawling residence, and ‘The Dairy’, a lovingly restored original dairy - sleeping up to 10 guests in complete comfort.
The Homestead sits proudly on a hilltop that overlooks the lush greenery of over 11,000 macadamia trees. The spacious 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom Homestead features 2 comfortable living rooms with a floor-to-ceiling travertine fireplace, stunning country-style kitchen, outdoor dining table, fire pit, BBQ area, and a sparkling inground pool. In or out, you’ll discover plenty of peaceful places to take in your pleasant surroundings, whether you’re resting up on one of the many verandahs, having a cocktail out by the pool cabana or quietly wandering the beautifully manicured gardens and grounds.
The Dairy - situated approximately 600m from The Homestead - offers private, rustic luxury that’s perfect for a couple looking to escape from the pace of daily life. Previously the farm’s milking shed, the building has been lovingly converted into a New Zealand-inspired 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom home. Original architecture remains - including gorgeous timber paneling and cathedral pitch beams – with the dark and moody Dairy combining a handsome kitchen, dining and living space, plus a charming fire pit and BBQ area positioned outside. For guests looking for a smaller space, The Dairy can also be booked on its own - ideal for an intimate getaway in the countryside.
Tralisan Farm’s boundary is surrounded by Skinners Creek on 3 sides, with guests welcome to explore the estate’s private and serene waterhole (area is not fenced and adult supervision essential for minors), hidden away just beyond The Dairy (1km) and The Homestead (1.5km). At Tralisan Farm, witness lavish landscapes combined with elegant decor that blends the finest of country and contemporary living.
Please note, a private residence is located off the road that links The Homestead and The Dairy. Farm vehicles also share this road, however, traffic will not disturb guests during their stay.
- 180 acre property on a family owned, fully operational macadamia farm
- 5 bedrooms across 2 separate dwellings, sleeping up to 10 (maximum 8 adults)
- ‘The Homestead’ residence includes 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
- 2 spacious living rooms and country-style kitchen
- Tranquil inground pool overlooking hinterland
- Outdoor entertaining and dining, plus a BBQ and fire pit
- ‘The Dairy’ – an original dairy shed converted into 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom studio
- Modern open plan kitchen, dining and living space
- Impressive fire pit and BBQ area
- Private Skinners Creek waterhole located within 1.5km of residences (area not fenced; adult supervision essential for minors)
- Easy access to village shopping and dining in Newrybar (10 minutes), Bangalow (13 minutes) and Federal (20 minutes)
- 25 minutes’ drive to Byron Bay shops, restaurants and beaches.
- Parking for up to 4 vehicles at The Homestead, and 2 vehicles at The Dairy
Set to the backdrop of rolling hills, The Homestead’s combined living and dining room - styled with traditional black and white chequered tiles and a comfy vintage leather couch – is a central point to dine, relax and entertain. The greenery follows you everywhere with French doors opening out to the pool and beyond, while the room also features a flat screen Smart TV.
The Homestead’s main living room offers 2 bespoke places to enjoy. Divided by a floor-to-ceiling travertine fireplace, to one side a generous flat screen TV clings to the wall, with a plush executive-style sofa and 2 lush velvet armchairs delivering optimal viewing of the screen. To the other side, 2 roomy and soft leather sofas sit nearby, making it an ideal space to take in a family board game or enjoy a nightcap by the crackling fire.
The Dairy’s open plan dining area, which combines a stylish black kitchen and dining table, is intimate and cosy. With sliding doors on either side, this comfortable space pops with its polished cement floors, high cathedral-style ceiling, gas fireplace, and comfy leather sofa and vintage armchair combination.
Cooking and Dining
Centered around an elegant square-shaped timber table, The Homestead’s country-style kitchen is cleverly designed with an array of features and finishes, such as English tapware and luxe marble benchtops. A chef-friendly stove and oven sits on a wall all to its own, with bench space and appliances evenly spaced including a kettle and commercial coffee machine setup in a private nook.
Dining in or out is a pleasure at The Homestead with 2 dining tables positioned in the combined kitchen and living space, and a 6-to-8 seat dining table outside on the verandah - ideal for long lazy meals overlooking endless hinterland. The Homestead also boasts a handsome BBQ area – complete with outdoor seating around the nearby fire pit - all nestled among the property’s beautifully manicured lawns and garden.
The Dairy’s striking all-black kitchen features a sleek island bench, which doubles as a dining table with bench seating. The contemporary cookery features dark-cabinetry and plenty of bench space, with a sizeable gas stove, oven and Nespresso coffee machine available to guests. A covered verandah also hosts a gas BBQ and dining table for tranquil dining year-round.
Slip away to a peaceful slumber among The Homestead’s 4 welcoming bedrooms. The master, with its majestic 4-poster king bed, will take your breath away. This elegant bed includes billowing linen curtains on all sides, allowing for complete elegance and intimacy during your stay. The bedroom also features a stunning marble and travertine ensuite, antique furniture and air conditioning, while French doors and windows allow you to let the fresh country air inside. Large families will love the flexibility of having trundle beds available in 2 of The Homestead’s guest rooms, while all rooms feature ceiling fans for comfort during warmer months.
Features of the original dairy have been retained throughout The Dairy’s bedroom, with exposed timber beams along the walls and roofline of this light and spacious room. A queen bed awaits guests, while a desk nook, flatscreen TV and a large antique timber wardrobe complete the space. The bedroom also connects to one of the verandahs, allowing you to lie in bed and absorb the views.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 10, maximum 8 adults):
- Bedroom 1 (master): 4-poster king bed with curtains, ensuite bathroom, air conditioning, ceiling fan, armchair, French doors opening to verandah
- Bedroom 2: queen bed, king single bed with trundle (suitable for children only), air conditioning, ceiling fans, flat screen TV, desk space, French doors opening to verandah
- Bedroom 3: king single bed with trundle, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4: queen bed, ceiling fan, desk space, French doors opening to verandah
- Bedroom 1: queen bed, ceiling fan, flat screen TV, desk space, internal door opening to verandah
The Homestead’s ensuite bathroom - designed with travertine tiles - impresses with its spacious shower and roomy double marble vanity. The space allows for natural light to fill the room, with frosted glass windows and French doors bordering the outer walls which lead out to the deck and garden area.
The Homestead also includes a large, shared bathroom, complete with a lavish white-with-black trim bathtub, shower and double vanity, as well as a separate powder room.
The Dairy’s old-meets-new bathroom mixes contemporary design with historic architecture in a gorgeous blend of styles. The original, weatherboard timber floor-to-ceiling wall, and a restored vintage vanity feature prominently, while the shower boasts distinctive Italian black lava tiles and bronze fittings. The bathroom also includes louver windows, allowing for an abundance of natural light and fresh air to enter.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite for master bedroom): shower, double vanity, toilet, French doors opening to verandah
- Bathroom 2 (shared): shower, bath, double vanity, toilet.
- A powder room, with a single vanity and toilet, is also located off the main entrance and mudroom to the home.
- Bathroom 1 (separate to bedroom): shower, single vanity, toilet, timber bench seat, original timber wall paneling
The Homestead’s laundry is positioned behind the kitchen, next to the coffee and tea nook, with a washing machine and dryer available to guests.
At The Dairy, a washing machine is hidden away outside on the verandah under the BBQ.
The beautifully manicured gardens that surround The Homestead deliver ample space for family lawn games, or a quiet stroll around the home. The garden also includes a BBQ area and fire pit just off the main residence, while the wraparound verandahs are decked out with comfy seating and dining tables throughout.
The Dairy is surrounded by lush countryside on all sides, with a peaceful fire pit to enjoy the evenings. Along the property’s verandah you’ll find comfortable seating, while a sizable dining table is positioned near the BBQ area.
No trip to Tralisan Farm is complete without a visit to the private waterhole. Take a cruise (4-wheel drives are recommended but not necessary unless after heavy rainfall) or wander down from The Dairy (1km) and Homestead (1.5km) to this serene babbling brook for a refreshing swim or picnic among breath-taking beauty. Please note, the area is not fenced and adult supervision is essential for minors.
The view from The Homestead’s glimmering inground pool is to die for - rolling hills and gorgeous greenery as far as the eye can see. This hilltop haven is a favourite place for families and friends to cool off in summer, with a shaded resort-style cabana - complete with sunbeds and bench seating - providing sun protection for guests resting by the water. For your convenience, pool towels are provided during your stay. Please note, the pool is not heated.
Unfortunately this property is not pet-friendly.
The Homestead has space for up to 4 vehicles in the parking area outside the garage (garage is not available to guests). The Dairy has parking for up to 2 vehicles.
Located in Nashua – in the Byron Bay Hinterland – Tralisan Farm offers guests the rare opportunity to stay on a fully operational macadamia farm, with more than 11,000 trees planted across the 180 acre property. Village shopping and dining is close by at Newrybar (10 minutes), Bangalow (13 minutes), Clunes (14 minutes), and Federal (20 minutes), while Frida’s Field (5 minutes) in Nashua, The Hut in Possum Creek (15 minutes), or Harvest in Newrybar (10 minutes) are not-to-missed for dining. Local pubs, the Eltham Hotel (10 minutes) and Bangalow Hotel (13 minutes) are around the corner, while guests can load up on fresh produce from the Bangalow Farmers Market (13 minutes - Saturday mornings), The Farm (23 minutes) in Byron Bay, or Harvest Deli and Bakery in Newrybar (10 minutes). Spoil yourself at the Gaia Retreat and Spa in Brooklet - located 10 minutes from Tralisan Farm - offering soothing, award-winning pamper packages. When the ocean comes calling, Byron Bay’s best beaches aren't far away with Broken Head (25 minutes) and Belongil beaches (30 minutes) a pleasurable drive from home.
Suitable Booking Groups
Tralisan Farm provides plenty of space for large family get togethers or group gatherings, with guests able to split across The Homestead and The Dairy abodes. The Dairy is located 600m from The Homestead and is ideal for a couple who would appreciate their own space away from other guests.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Pay TV
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Streaming Service
- Coffee Machine
- Additional Toilet
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Study Area
- New Listings
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.