Beautiful, historic church in Newrybar
Property features and overview
The main living space retains the church layout – open, spacious and light-filled – with exquisite antique furnishings, luxury Italian leather lounges and a big, old, beautiful timber 12-seat dining table, ideal for a lengthy ladies lunch, a formal, fancy dinner or a blended-family meal.
A cosy and comfortable queen room adjoins the main church living space, with a ramp for disabled access. Further catering for people with a disability, the Old Church features a disabled access bathroom including a toilet and shower.
A huge, fully equipped galley kitchen features extensive cupboard storage, bench space and a large stainless oven and cooktop perfect for entertaining and feeding a crowd.
Venture upstairs to the traditional church mezzanine level and be swept into two dream attic bedrooms, with sun-drenched windows bordered by architecturally designed A-frame ceilings.
Step out onto the upstairs balcony and discover separate studio accommodation. The interior of the studio carries through the church theme from the main residence, with polished timber floorboards and sloped ceilings. With one queen bed, a couch and four singles and an ensuite to be added, the Old Church studio can effortlessly house an additional family or group. A beautiful, spiral staircase will take you downstairs into a second spacious living area complete with a ping-pong table for hours of enjoyment.
Outside you will find gorgeous landscaped gardens and a private, one-of-a-kind, refurbished gypsy wagon housing within it a double bed, bar fridge and sink, all encased in curved, decorative timber with ornately patterned, timber-framed windows.
Spoil yourself and experience the beauty of those endless Byron Bay evenings enjoying the outdoor dining suite and BBQ facilities. Take a soak in the 5-seat outdoor heated hot tub, while taking in the view of the neighbouring macadamia plantation.
The Old Church features ipod docks in all rooms and wireless broadband / Wifi.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 14):
- Bedroom 1: Queen bed (downstairs)
- Bedroom 2: Queen bed (upstairs)
- Bedroom 3: Double Bed (upstairs)
- Bedroom 4: Queen bed + 2 x bunks (4 singles) in upstairs studio apartment
- Bedroom 5: Gypsy wagon in garden with double bed, sink and bar fridge
- Upstairs loft lounge 2 x queen day beds for reading, lounging, sleeping
Suitable booking groups
Oozing with character and old world charm, the Old Church is practical too, with abundant space perfect for larger groups or multiple families. Make memories in this amazing location for your next family holiday, girls or hens weekend. Capitalize on the beautiful Old Church backdrop for wedding photos or host an elegant, historic high tea (please note the Old Church is NOT available for wedding receptions/parties). With such abundant space, the property is perfect to host a corporate event or photoshoot and can be booked for short term events (1-2 days) by special arrangement.
Close to the beautiful village of Bangalow, only 12 minutes to the centre of Byron Bay and 7 minutes’ drive to Suffolk Park beach, the Old Church is the ultimate location for holidaymakers.
Holiday in history and book your Byron Bay Hinterland getaway at the Old Church.
- 5 Bedrooms
- Pet Friendly
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Pay TV
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Apple TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond will be processed the week leading up to arrival.