Classic beach house with uninterrupted ocean views
Wake up to the sounds and sights of the ocean at The Hawk at Wategos. This classic 3 bedroom beach house is perched above Wategos Beach, promising the most spectacular ocean and northern hinterland views.
Sleeping 8 across 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, the Hawk at Wategos features a-frame ceilings with exposed beams, recycled timber throughout and coastal/beach styling, in an ode to its namesake, Navy ship the HMAS Hawk. Upstairs, the open and airy cooking, dining and living space is warm and inviting, complete with a gas fireplace and opens out to a huge covered outdoor deck surrounded by ocean views. Also on the upper level is the master bedroom and ensuite bathroom.
Downstairs, two large and lovely bedrooms open out to another generous covered outdoor living space, complete with grassed lawn, gardens and private outdoor shower. Perfect for kids and/or a teenagers retreat (or for adults to escape, too) the lower level includes a fully soundproof media room with Plasma TV, bar fridge and kitchenette.
From this amazing location, follow the stunning views and walk only 300m to Wategos Beach - a sheltered sanctuary, perfect for picnics and play for all the family. Venture into Byron Bay from your private oasis, being just 2kms from all the action of town.
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 8
- Classic 2 level timber beach house
- Spectacular ocean views to Wategos Beach and beyond
- Gourmet kitchen with commercial gas stove
- Gas fireplace
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Soundproof media room with plasma TV, Netflix, bar and kitchenette
- Outdoor shower
- Multiple outdoor living spaces, with upper and lower covered verandas
- Pet friendly (fully fenced with grassed lawn)
- 300m to Wategos Beach
- 2kms from Byron Bay town
- Undercover parking for 2 cars (carport)
Living, Dining and Cooking
All located on the upper level, the living, dining and cooking space is open plan and airy, with a-frame ceilings and exposed timber beams. Whip up meals in the gourmet kitchen, complete with a commercial gas stove top, double stainless fridge and modern appliances. Comfy sofas in the living space converge around the gas fireplace for winter and seamlessly flow out to the large outdoor veranda for those warmer months. Choose to share meals at the 6-seat timber dining setting or perch on stools at the breakfast bar. Better yet, step outside to dine al fresco on the deck and take in those endless ocean views.
Sleep will come easy at The Hawk at Wategos, with the sounds of the ocean a sweet lullaby. The master bedroom is located on the upper level complete with an ensuite bathroom. Downstairs there are two additional bedrooms, both with sliding doors accessing the large outdoor space.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 8)
- Master Bedroom: king bed with ceiling fan and ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: queen bed with ceiling fan and access via sliding doors to the outdoor space
- Bedroom 3: 4 x king single beds with ceiling fan and access via sliding doors to the outdoor space
The bathrooms at The Hawk at Wategos are large and luxurious, with one upstairs and one downstairs for guest convenience.
- Master ensuite (upstairs): shower with twin head, single vanity, toilet
- Main bathroom (downstairs): shower with twin shower heads, bath, single vanity and toilet
- Separate toilet and vanity within the laundry (downstairs)
Stay for a while at The Hawk at Wategos, with a full laundry to make life easy. The laundry includes a washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board, plus there’s an extra toilet and single vanity.
The Hawk at Wategos is a quintessential Byron Bay beach house, set over two levels, with generous outdoor spaces. On the ground level, there’s plenty of outdoor space to enjoy with a grassed lawn, framed by manicured gardens and fully fenced to keep the kids and pets safe and secure. Watch them play all day from the large covered timber veranda, complete with comfy lounges and alfresco dining. There’s also a built in outdoor shower with a curved wall that wraps around for privacy - bliss!
Upstairs, the large outdoor veranda is covered by a sloping timber roof to offer shade and capture breezes. Relax on outdoor sofas or sit at the 10-seat outdoor dining while you marvel at the stunning, uninterrupted views of the ocean. A gas BBQ is located on the upper balcony.
The Hawk at Wategos is pet friendly, with a fully fenced backyard for pet safety and security. Pets are welcome at this property but must abide by our terms and conditions. Please advise us at the time of booking or prior to arrival if you are bringing a pet with you.
There are 2 car spaces available at The Hawk at Wategos, under the cover of the carport.
The Hawk at Wategos is perched above the pristine pocket of Wategos Beach - a slightly hidden private paradise just north of Cape Byron and the Lighthouse - ideal for families and all seekers of sun, surf and sand. Wander 300m from your home to this secluded sanctuary to picnic, play and frolic in peaceful calm turquoise waters. You may even spot dolphins and whales! Dine at the exclusive and world-famous Rae’s at Wategos or take a 5 minute drive (or 30 minute stroll) into Byron Bay town for a plethora of dining, shopping and entertainment options.
- 3 Bedrooms
- Pet Friendly
- 2 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- DVD Player
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 guests at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.