Renovated pet friendly beach house
Boasting both location and looks, The Harrow is a fully renovated, split level, pet-friendly timber beach house with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, perfectly positioned on one of Byron Bay’s most sought-after streets, moments from Clarkes Beach, across the road from the Top Shop and a short walk to town.
Enter via Patterson Lane at the rear and wander through a lush green lawn, adorned with umbrellas for perfect pockets of shade. Inside, you’ll find a light and breezy space, with high ceilings, plenty of windows and stylish, well considered interiors. The upper level comprises 3 spacious bedrooms and a brand new bathroom with freestanding bath, plus an open plan living and dining space with reverse cycle air con, separate TV/media room and fully renovated galley kitchen, with a touch of luxe. All the indoor living opens up to outside via glass doors to reveal a gorgeous balcony with alfresco dining, privacy screening, glimpses of the ocean and views of the Hinterland.
Meander downstairs to discover the self-contained studio space, complete with reverse cycle air con, ensuite bathroom, kitchenette and private fenced outdoor space and access.
From this large and luxury beach house, walk just moments to stunning Clarkes Beach, The Pass, the Byron Bay Lighthouse trail, and Tallow Beach to the south of the Cape, as well as Byron icons Top Shop and Beach Byron Bay. A short and spectacular beachside walk will see you arrive in Byron Bay town.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 10
- Stunning elevated home with ocean glimpses and Hinterland Views
- Fully renovated with modern styling
- New kitchen with Miele appliances
- Polished timber floors throughout living space
- Reverse cycle air con in upstairs living space, bedroom 3 and downstairs studio
- Pet friendly
- 5 minute walk to Clarkes Beach along rear laneway or Massinger Street
- 10 minute walk to Main Beach and town
- 1 x dedicated off-street car park at rear, plus plenty of on-street car parks
Living, Dining and Cooking
Let there be light - windows adorn the front of the house and sun streams into the open plan living, dining and cooking space on the main living level. In addition to the abundance of light, The Harrow has been brilliantly renovated to bring out its best features, some of which include soaring ceilings, exposed timber beams and stunning hardwood floors. The fully renovated kitchen captures that laid back coastal feel with timber benchtops, pastel palette and pendant lighting. Create culinary delights with ease, thanks to the high-end Miele stainless steel appliances. The Harrow is also equipped with a portable highchair.
In the large living and dining space, guests will love to gather around the majestic fireplace, spin some vinyl on the record player (a curated selection of good tunes provided) and to share meals either at the breakfast, indoor or outdoor dining tables. Reverse cycle air con in the living area ensures comfort all year round. Step into the separate TV/media room complete with Smart TV, so you can stream your favourite shows at the ready.
Chic and comfortable designer beds, cool copper piping turned exposed wardrobes and space a’plenty make sleeping at The Harrow a taste of luxury. The studio space downstairs doubles as a teenage, parents or grandparents retreat.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 10)
- Master Bedroom: king bed
- Bedroom 2: 2 x bunk beds (total 4 x king singles)
- Bedroom 3: king bed, with reverse cycle air conditioning
- Bedroom 4: (studio room, downstairs) king bed, reverse cycle air conditioning, ensuite bathroom, private fenced outdoor space, private entry
A portacot is also available for guest use on request.
Bathe in super-luxe style in the bathrooms at The Harrow. A modern monochrome and timber colour scheme combines with elegant frameless glass, rain showers and floating vanities in both the main bathroom (upstairs) and the studio ensuite bathroom (downstairs). Make every day self-care Sunday by soaking in the freestanding bath. The Harrow also has an outdoor shower, perfect for rinsing off after your short stroll back from the beach.
The main bathroom at The Harrow includes a laundry complete with stacked washing machine and dryer, plus bench space.
Positioned on a large and elevated block, The Harrow is fenced (perfect for both pets and kids) and has both front and rear entry. At the front, walk up the street-side stairs and enter via the gate, with access to the downstairs studio space and a path that weaves towards the upper level. Please note there is separate access to top and bottom level downstairs. Alternatively, access the house via Patterson Lane at the rear. Walk through the gate to the lush green lawn, fitted with umbrellas for shady spots to read, rest and nap. The outdoor courtyard also features an alfresco dining setting for 8 and a BBQ. Off the indoor living, access a large and sun-drenched balcony offering ocean glimpses and Hinterland views, complete with outdoor dining, seating and privacy screening. An additional courtyard and lawn space can be accessed from the studio downstairs.
The Harrow is pet friendly and fenced for safety, however, please note that there is still one tiny fence to install until its fully fenced… Pets are welcome at this property but must abide by our terms and conditions. Please advise us at the time of booking or prior to arrival if you are bringing a pet with you.
The Harrow has 1 dedicated off street car park at the rear of the property (lane entrance) and on-street parking at both the rear and front.
With both bushland and ocean surrounds, this elevated home sits on one of Byron’s most premier and sought-after streets. From The Harrow, a short stroll will see guests discover some of Byron Bay’s finest eateries, including iconic Top Shop and Beach Byron Bay. The perfect beach holiday awaits, with family-friendly Clarkes Beach and surfers havens, The Pass and Tallow Beach, just moments away. From Clarkes Beach, there’s easy access to walk the Lighthouse trail and see the iconic Byron Bay lighthouse, the most eastern point of Australia. Get to Byron Bay town quick and easy via a short but stunning beach or esplanade walk.
Suitable Booking Groups
The Harrow is spacious, fenced and close to town and the beach, promising a perfect family beach getaway, with pets also welcome to join. The studio space downstairs can also offer a retreat type space for parents or grandparents or teenagers.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Pet Friendly
- 2 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.