Classic beachside family home with pool & rumpus room
Situated 200m from Nobby Beach – a quiet stretch of sand away from the hustle and bustle of Broadbeach and Surfers Paradise – Petrel by the Sea is an older-style classic Gold Coast holiday home that’s ideal for large gatherings with family or friends. This relaxed double-storey property ticks all the boxes for a low-fuss beach getaway, with its convenient location, spacious rumpus room, in-ground swimming pool, and flexible bedding options.
The property accommodates up to 14 guests, with a mix of sleeping options to suit both adults and children across both floors. The top floor consists of 3 of the home’s 4 bedrooms, as well as a combined living and dining room, and a well-equipped kitchen. The downstairs rumpus room - accessible only via an external entrance - includes bunk beds, plus a separate queen bedroom, allowing for parents to sleep nearby. This space also boasts a large sofa and flatscreen TV, with stacks of floorspace for kids to play during their break.
When the mercury soars, there’s no better place to be than taking a dip in the in-ground pool. Located just beyond the covered patio and BBQ area at the rear of the property, this sun-drenched pool features a sloped entry to allow youngsters a safe space to swim by the water’s edge.
With all of the Gold Coast’s top attractions within easy reach, and plenty of space for the whole tribe, Petrel by the Sea has all you need for a chilled getaway.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 14 (maximum 10 adults)
- Downstairs rumpus room, with triple bunk beds (external access only)
- Large covered patio area with BBQ
- Sizable in-ground swimming pool
- Combined top-floor living and dining space
- Well-equipped kitchen with dishwasher
- FOXTEL available (upstairs living room only)
- 200m walk to Nobby Beach
- 2.6km from Pacific Fair Shopping Centre
- Driveway parking for 1 vehicle
With living spaces located on each level, Petrel by the Sea provides plenty of room for entertainment and relaxation. The top floor living area features a comfy chaise sofa suite, as well as a flat screen TV equipped with complimentary FOXTEL (not available in rumpus room).
The downstairs rumpus room - home to 2 triple bunk beds - is a space that welcomes guests young and old. There’s generous floor space for kids' toys and games, and a sizeable L-shaped sofa where you can kick-back and take in some essential holiday viewing.
Cooking and Dining
The light and bright kitchen is neatly designed with an island bench - handy for preparing and serving meals and refreshments - with the space also featuring a dishwasher, electric oven, and ample cupboard and pantry space.Choose to dine indoors by the family sized dining table, or head downstairs to the patio area where you can fry up a mouth-watering feast on the BBQ and enjoy some fresh air.
Whether a small or large gathering, Petrel by the Sea offers extensive bedding options for up to 14 guests. The top floor is home to 3 of the property’s 4 bedrooms, with queen and bunk beds available. The downstairs rumpus room - accessible only via an external entrance - is also designed to be shared between adults and children, with a separate queen bedroom available, as well as a set of triple bunk beds.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 14, maximum 10 adults):
Bedroom 1 (master bedroom, upstairs): queen
Bedroom 2 (upstairs): 1 x bunk (2 x single beds)
Bedroom 3: (upstairs): queen
Bedroom 4 (downstairs, external access only) queen
Rumpus room (downstairs, external access only) 2 x triple bunks (double on bottom, single on top)
Petrel by the Sea is designed with bathrooms on both floors, with each space featuring a shower, plus plenty of vanity storage space to unpack toiletries. The upstairs bathroom also includes a separate bathtub - great for young travelers who love a bubble bath before bed.
Bathroom 1 (shared, upstairs): separate shower, bathtub, single vanity, separate toilet
Bathroom 2 (shared, downstairs): shower, single vanity, toilet
For your convenience, the property is equipped with a washing machine and dryer, with a hill washing line located near the swimming pool.
Highlighted by a large in-ground pool, Petrel by the Sea’s spacious backyard boasts an extensive undercover patio area that’s a favourite place for serving refreshments or dining in the open air. The space includes a gas BBQ, with lots of room for kids to play ball games or ride scooters on the pavers.
There’s nothing quite like a swim in the ocean, but Petrel by the Sea’s in-ground swimming pool promises hours’ of water play and relaxation. Located at the rear of the property, this spacious pool features a gradual sloped entrance, making it a welcoming space for young swimmers to splash about in the shallow water. Please note, the pool is not heated, however, it enjoys plenty of sunlight throughout the early part of the day.
Unfortunately, this property is not pet-friendly.
The property includes 1 parking space in the driveway, with free on-street parking available for additional vehicles. Please note, the garage is not accessible for guests.
Situated in charming Mermaid Beach, just south of neighbouring Broadbeach, Petrel by the Sea is conveniently located close to all the Gold Coast’s main attractions. The call of the ocean is never far away with blissful Nobby Beach a gentle 200m stroll from home. There’s a scattering of cafes, restaurants and bars located less than 5 minutes’ walk from the property, while Pacific Fair Shopping Centre is an easy 2.6km drive north. For visitors flying in and out of the city, Petrel by the Sea is a short 15km journey from Gold Coast Airport.
Suitable Booking Groups
With living spaces spread across 2 floors, and enough bedding to host up to 14 guests (maximum 10 adults), Petrel by the Sea is a spacious holiday home that’s perfectly suited to large group or family bookings.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Pay TV
- Full Kitchen
- Laundry Facilities
- Fenced yard
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Gold Coast Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/ Gold Coast Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- Group bookings for those who live between the Gold Coast and Brisbane will be via approval only.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/ Gold Coast Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
Petrel by the Sea Location
Petrel by the Sea Reviews
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay