Family friendly heritage home in heart of Mullumbimby
NSW STRA Property ID: PID-STRA-32382
A true family holiday experience awaits at Mullum River House, where heritage charm meets modern comfort. Centrally located minutes’ walk to Mullumbimby’s thriving town centre, and overlooking Brunswick River, this newly renovated 1940s-era heritage home has something for everyone.
Set on an expansive 1,012 m² block, the 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home features a striking entertainer’s verandah, sprawling backyard and garden space, comfortable living and dining areas, and a downstairs rumpus room - an ideal retreat for young travellers. Guests also enjoy extensive secure storage space - handy for unloading holiday essentials, including bikes, surfboards, kayaks, and fishing equipment.
Hints of the original architecture - including polished timber floorboards, high ceilings and a red brick fireplace - can be found throughout the home, which tastefully blends sleek and contemporary appliances throughout.
Exploring the highlights of the Byron Bay region is a breeze at Mullum River House. Take a gentle stroll through downtown Mullumbimby, or pack up the car and head for a short drive to nearby villages, beaches and national parks.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 8
- Newly renovated 1940s-era home, with timber floorboards and high ceilings
- Modern kitchen set around an original red brick fireplace (non-functional)
- Lounge room with Smart TV, air conditioning and Wi-Fi
- Large covered entertainer’s verandah, with views of Brunswick River and Mt Chincogan
- Spacious backyard with vegetable and herb garden, as well as a firepit
- Hot and cold outdoor shower
- Downstairs rumpus room with Smart TV, ideal retreat for kids and teenagers
- Undercover area for table tennis and rainy-day play
- Secure storage for surfboards, kayaks, fishing equipment and bikes
- Pet-friendly on request
- 5 minutes walk to Mullumbimby shops, cafes and restaurants
- Easy driving access to nearby beaches and towns, including Brunswick Heads (10 mins) and Byron Bay (20 mins)
A pleasant living area greets you as you step foot inside Mullum River House, fitted with antique-style armchairs and a comfy 3-seat chaise sofa. Kick back and relax in air conditioned comfort as you take in a book or catch-up on essential shows on the Smart TV.
Guests can also escape downstairs to the rumpus room - an ideal retreat for kids and teenagers - which features a Smart TV and couch, as well as an additional fridge and pantry area. This space, tucked away under the house, is perfect for wet weather play and also includes room for table tennis, and plenty of storage for holiday essentials.
Cooking and Dining
Mullum River House’s kitchen blends modern appliances with original architecture. Styled in light pink - a modern take on the original colour scheme - the kitchen features polished timber floorboards and an eye-catching fireplace, made with red bricks produced in Mullumbimby. Whip up mouth-watering dishes using the sleek oven and stovetop - tucked away within the decorative fireplace - or sizzle succulent cuts outside on the BBQ. There’s also a Nespresso coffee machine, with a starter pack of pods provided, ready for when you need a caffeine hit to start your day. Flowing from the kitchen is a family dining table, while guests also have the option to enjoy meals from the covered entertainer’s veranda which overlooks the river.
Rest easy in Mullum River House’s light and breezy bedrooms, which all feature timber floorboards, high ceilings and fans for cooling during warmer months. The master bedroom opens to river views, and boasts a king bed and expansive walk-in wardrobe. A king bed is available in the third guest room, which can be split into 2 king singles, for extra convenience. This bedroom also connects to a converted sunroom equipped with a king single and king single trundle bed with its own external access to the verandah, making it an ideal sleepout for young travellers or adults alike.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 8):
- Master Bedroom: king bed, ceiling fan, walk-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 2: queen bed, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3 (interconnects with Bedroom 4): king bed (can be split into 2 x king singles on request), ceiling fan
- Bedroom 4 (converted sunroom interconnected to Bedroom 4): king single, king single trundle, pedestal fan, wardrobe, external door for private entry and exit to the verandah
Lovingly restored, the upstairs bathroom pops with sleek floor and wall tiles - a tribute to the home’s original styling - as well as a deep freestanding bathtub - popular with kids and adults alike. The space also includes a shower, toilet and vanity. Guests can split bath traffic across two levels, with a shower, toilet and basin situated downstairs by the rumpus area.
- Bathroom 1 (upstairs): freestanding bath, separate shower, toilet, single vanity
- Bathroom 2 (downstairs): shower, toilet, single vanity.
A hot and cold outdoor shower, with privacy screen, is also available at the rear of the property - handy for washing off after a day at the river or beach.
For guest convenience, Mullum River House includes a washing machine and dryer, as well two laundry tubs - handy for washing and sorting swimwear. On wet days, take advantage of the expansive undercover space downstairs to air and dry your clothes.
Mullum River House is perfect for family getaways, with a sweeping backyard garden area waiting to be explored. No matter the season, you are bound to discover a wide variety of blooming plants and flowers - many of which have grown for generations - throughout the beautifully manicured gardens. Green thumbs will also love the thriving vegetable and herb garden - be sure to pick something special to take back to the kitchen. The firepit - tucked away at the back of the property - provides a relaxing backdrop to unwind during cooler months, while there is plenty of space for backyard games, including cricket, badminton and Finska.
At the front of the home, enjoy views of Brunswick River and scenic Mt Chincogan from the wraparound timber verandah. This undercover space - complete with a restored antique dining table, chairs and bench seating - is brilliant for bird watching and catching a glimpse of the setting sun.
Mullum River House is pet-friendly on request. Please call or email our reservations team to check before you book. If permitted, charges apply for bringing pets and must abide by our terms and conditions. Please note, the property is fully fenced with the backyard being secure. Some sections of the front fence are low however and not suitable for breeds that are prone to jumping or escaping so these pets would need to be secured in the backyard.
There is space for 1 vehicle in the driveaway, while additional off-street parking is also available.
Mullum River House provides the perfect backdrop for your next holiday in the Byron Bay region. Conveniently located on the banks of Brunswick River, the property is situated a mere 5 minute walk from Mullumbimby’s vibrant town centre, allowing easy access to shopping, cafes, bars, and restaurants. Directly across from Mullum River House, guests can head for a game of tennis at the council-run courts, or head for a day on the river - accessible via a boat ramp. Many of the region’s main attractions are a short drive from Mullum River House, with Brunswick Heads (10 mins), Byron Bay (20 mins), Killen Falls (30 mins), and Minyon Falls (35 mins) all located nearby.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 2 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Streaming Service
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 guests at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.