Outstanding architect-designed home with modern features
NB: House currently being refurnished and restyled. Images are indicative of furnishings which are being replaced after recent property purchase. New images will be available by December 2020, and styling/furnishings will be of a comparable level of quality.
Beachside luxury beckons at Melaleuca - this contemporary two storey 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom beach home sits nestled in tall palm trees in Suffolk Park, just 7kms from the centre of Byron Bay.
Designed by award-winning architect Paul Uhlmann, Melaleuca showcases easy coastal luxe design, with abundant glazing for plenty of that delicious northern natural light. Smart design incorporates toughened glass with passive solar control to offer sustainability and keep you warm in winter and cool in summer. Inside, the open plan spaces feature modern interiors with a monochrome palette, plus earthy tones and plenty of natural fibres, perfectly capturing that contemporary Australian-coastal style.
Languish in multiple light-filled living spaces with that much-loved beach luxe styling and masterful seamless flow between inside and out. Prepare meals beneath perfectly placed pendant lights in the sleek and stylish kitchen with high end stainless steel appliances and stunning stone benchtops. Dine indoor or out, with retractable glass doors that open from the indoor dining to reveal the poolside covered timber deck, complete with al fresco dining and BBQ.
Three plushly decorated bedrooms are located upstairs, with bedroom 2 and 3 offering the option of adjoining for a shared sleep space. Downstairs, Melaleuca features a separate, private studio space, with a kitchenette, bathroom and sitting area, perfect as a teenagers/parents retreat.
Outside, there’s lush grassed lawns, hardwood timber decking wrapping around the house and manicured gardens, all shaded by tropical palms. Cool off in the saltwater pool, set within timber decking and encased in glass.
Located in Byron’s Suffolk Park, this luxury beach home is just 300m from the shores of Tallow Beach and only 700m from local shops and services. Being only 7kms from the centre of Byron Bay, it’s easy to access the hustle and bustle of town and then retreat back to the privacy, perfection and seclusion of Melaleuca.
- 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps 8 (or up to 10 on request)
- Designed by award winning architect with contemporary Australian coastal aesthetic
- Spacious open plan design with beach-luxe styling throughout and dual living spaces
- Separate downstairs studio with bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom
- Modern kitchen with stone bench tops and high end stainless steel appliances
- Ample outdoor entertaining, with upper balcony including outdoor sofa and hanging pod chair
- Covered hardwood timber deck with BBQ and al fresco dining
- Manicured gardens, palm trees and lush lawns
- Saltwater swimming pool
- Energy efficient design with toughened glass and passive solar for cooling and heating
- Sustainable 2.5kW solar system
- 2 x garage car spaces
- 300m to Tallow Beach
- 700m to local Suffolk Park shops, eateries and services
- 7kms to Byron Bay retail and dining precinct, plus beaches
There’s living space for everyone at Melaleuca. Multiple living areas promise plenty of rest and relaxation, all within the home's signature beach-luxe styling. A main living space is located near the kitchen and is drenched in natural light, with comfy sofas inviting you for naps and novels. Retractable glass doors open from the main living to the upper balcony, with a masterful seamlessness that unites the inside with the out. A rumpus/media room is also located on the upper level, with another comfy sofa beckoning for more naps and some Netflix. Smart design eliminates the need for air conditioning, with 6mm toughened glass and passive solar (plus ceilings fans throughout), promising warmth in winter and cool in summer.
Share meals with friends and family in the light-filled indoor dining, complete with 8-seat timber setting and retractable glass doors opening harmoniously to the poolside outdoor BBQ and dining area. The end wall of the dining area also features a study nook/integrated desk for a laptop that allows for a home office with a view.
Simple, subtle and sophisticated, the kitchen at Melaleuca is for cooking, creating and gathering, too. Stunning stone benchtops, moody dark timber and crisp white cabinetry combine to provide an inspiring cooking space and high end stainless steel oven, cooktop, rangehood, dishwasher and double door fridge with water dispenser provide all the support you need to create culinary delights for all. Enjoy casual dining in a breakfast bar style, and don’t miss out on the fully integrated Smeg espresso coffee machine.
Large and luxurious, the bedrooms at Melaleuca are plushly decorated with luxe linens, timber furnishings and lots of natural fibres. The master bedroom showcases a dramatic dark feature wall, with ample glazing for lots of natural light and sliding doors accessing the outdoor space, with glimpses of the pool. It also has a large ensuite bathroom. Bedroom 2 and bedroom 3 are adjoined, with a wide sliding door that can be open for a shared sleeping space or closed off with separate access to each bedroom. In addition to the 3 bedrooms on the upper level, downstairs there is a separate, private studio space complete with a 4th bedroom, lounge/sitting area, bathroom and kitchenette.
Bedding configuration (sleeps 8 or up to 10 on request)
- Master: 1 x king bed, ceiling fan, ensuite bathroom, sliding doors accessing outdoor space
- Bedroom 2: 1 x queen bed, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3: 1 x double bed, ceiling fan
Separate Studio (downstairs)
- Bedroom 4: 1 x king bed, ceiling fan, bathroom, kitchenette, sitting/lounge are, and sliding doors accessing private tropical garden space with seating
- There are also 2 single trundle beds available for small children on request
3 cool and contemporary bathrooms at Melaleuca showcase a simple and striking monochrome colour scheme, with crisp white cabinetry.
- Bathroom 1 (upstairs): bath, shower, (separate) toilet, single vanity
- Ensuite (upstairs, off master bedroom): shower, toilet, double vanity
- Bathroom 2 (downstairs, in separate studio): shower, toilet, single vanity
Melaleuca includes a laundry space complete with washing machine + dryer (combined unit), plus an iron and ironing board. There is direct external access to washing line/clothes drying.
Multiple outdoor spaces are framed by tall tropical palms at this fully fenced Byron beachside property. Step out from the main living to an enclosed upper level balcony and lounge on the outdoor sofa or swing in the hanging pod chair. From the indoor dining, step out to the hardwood timber deck to enjoy poolside BBQs and al fresco dining. Lush landscaped lawns and gardens add to the luxury outside, and the private tropical garden at the front of the property includes an outdoor shower, as you enter from the driveway.
Stunning and sparkling blue, the saltwater swimming pool at Melaleuca is encased in glass fencing and set within hardwood timber decking, shaded by tropical palms. Spend long summer days lazing in the water or sneaking in a sun-soaked nap by the pool.
Unfortunately, this property is not pet friendly.
Park 2 x cars with ease in the garage.
Perfectly positioned for a family holiday, Melaleuca is located in family-friendly Suffolk Park, just 7kms from the centre of Byron Bay. From here, wander just 300m to the stunning Tallow Beach, where you can swim, surf, get sun and glimpse whales. Just 700m away is the Suffolk Park shops, a collection of services, supermarkets, stores and eateries for all of your needs when away from home. For all the hustle and bustle of Byron Bay, travel just 7kms to town to find a plethora of dining, shopping and wellness options, plus all of those famous white sand beaches.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Fenced yard
- Streaming Service
- Coffee Machine
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C's apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.