3 bedroom period home in Elwood with courtyard
Located in the beachside suburb of Elwood, Elster House is a light-filled period home with a beautiful courtyard and outdoor fireplace. Named in honour of nearby Elster Creek, this stylish property boasts minimalist interiors and a beautiful outdoor entertaining space.
The house features 3 generous-sized bedrooms leading off a large entrance hall, as well as an integrated living, dining and kitchen area that opens onto a gorgeous outdoor courtyard, which includes a dining setting, chiminea and BBQ.
Elster House is ideal for young families, with the home equipped with a cot, high chair and kids toys. It boasts a well-equipped kitchen, European-style laundry with washing machine and dryer, and a contemporary bathroom with walk-in shower and claw foot bath. For guest comfort, the home has central heating, plus a reverse cycle air conditioner in the main living area.
Situated on a quiet street in Elwood with brilliant access to public transport, Elster House is an easy walk to local shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as St Kilda Botanical Gardens and Elwood Beach. Ripponlea Train Station is a 5 minute stroll from the property, with Melbourne’s CBD, as well as the city’s premier sporting venues - including the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) - all a short train ride away.
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, sleeps 6
- Family friendly period home with bunk bed, cot and kids toys
- Outdoor courtyard with dining setting, chiminea and BBQ
- Spacious modern kitchen with dishwasher
- Central heating throughout home
- Reverse cycle air conditioned living area
- European-style laundry with washer and dryer
- Pet-friendly on request
- 5 minute walk to Ripponlea Train Station, on Sandringham line
- Walking distance to local shops and dining, plus Elwood Beach and St Kilda Botanical Gardens
- Free on-street parking available
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 6):
- Bedroom 1 (master bedroom): queen bed, built-in wardrobe
- Bedroom 2: double bed, chest of drawers
- Bedroom 3 (children’s room): 1 x bunk bed (2 x single bed), built-in wardrobe, desk (room can be used as a study)
Please note, a porta cot is available on request.
- Bathroom 1 (shared): shower, bath, single vanity, toilet
Please call or email our reservations team to check before you book. If permitted, charges apply for bringing pets and you must abide by our terms and conditions.
Free on-street parking is available at Elster House.
Elster House is situated 8km south of Melbourne’s CBD in the beachside suburb of Elwood, providing excellent public transport links and easy access to local shops, dining and attractions. Ripponlea Train Station (Sandringham line) is a gentle 5 minute stroll from home, with Flinders Street Station a pleasant 15 minute journey. For sport lovers, the train line also connects with Richmond Station, dropping passengers on the doorstep of Melbourne and Olympic Parks, home to the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). Elwood Beach and the St Kilda Botanical Gardens are both accessible by foot, while the nearby Elster Creek Trail is a popular shared path for walkers and cyclists to explore.
- New Listings
- Family Friendly
- Private House
- Study Area
- Washing Machine
- 1 Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- Full Kitchen
- Hair Dryer
- Laundry Facilities
- Non Smoking
- Group restrictions - maximum of 6 guest at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 14-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $400 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.