Luxury Resort-style Hinterland Retreat
Embrace the perfect balance of country and coastal living at Bhadra - a unique hinterland retreat sleeping up to 12 guests, featuring stylish country décor, spectacular hinterland views and every creature comfort imaginable. Set on 125 acres near the historic villages of Bangalow and Newrybar, Bhadra is an idyllic and peaceful spot for family holidays and small group retreats.
Bhadra consists of two homes - the original ‘Farmhouse’ and a converted dairy shed ‘The Bails’. The Farmhouse is the original homestead which oozes comfort and character in a stylish country setting. It features 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a large entertainer’s kitchen overlooking the pool, and spacious outdoor living. Just a short stroll from the main house, The Bails is the original milking shed which has been lovingly transformed into a stylish and inviting country home, while retaining some original features. The Bails offers 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a double lounge area along with a large central country kitchen.
Bhadra’s expansive grounds on a private hilltop offer endless opportunities to retreat, relax and explore. Enjoy soothing water play in Bhadra’s two pools and outdoor hot tub, as you drink in uninterrupted hinterland views. Rinse off and grab your workout gear for a session in the purpose-built gymnasium, or pick up a racket for a game of tennis on the championship tennis court.
The stunning property is also home to a designer barn, complete with meeting room, infrared sauna, massage room, and outdoor shower. For true relaxation and detoxification, guests can arrange a soothing massage or sauna visit - a truly remarkable space to unwind and soak in the uninterrupted views.
Ideally located in the iconic Byron hinterland, Bhadra is a unique and exclusive retreat, perfect for those looking to relax and escape for a few days or weeks. The villages of Newrybar (5 minutes) and Bangalow (10 minutes) are within easy reach for cafes, supplies and designer shopping, while Byron Bay and Lennox Head are only 20 minutes’ drive away.
For groups looking for a smaller space, the 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom Bails residence can be booked on its own.
Combined property features
- 2 separate dwellings - each with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, sleeps up to 12 in total
- Peaceful and private setting on 125 acres in the Byron Hinterland
- Perfect for private or health retreats, fitness clinics, and corporate workshops
- 5m heated magnesium pool at The Bails and 10m saltwater pool at The Farmhouse, plus an outdoor hot-tub
- Championship tennis court with flood-lights for night play
- Purpose-built gymnasium
- Access to ‘The Barn’ - featuring an infrared sauna, massage room and meeting space - available on request.
- 2 spacious kitchens - one at each dwelling - perfect for entertaining
- Multiple indoor and outdoor living and entertaining areas
- Uninterrupted, elevated hinterland views with stunning sunsets
- Reverse cycle air conditioning and ceiling fans throughout both dwellings
- Complimentary WiFi
- Outdoor fireplace at The Farmhouse
- Parking for up to 6 cars. Farmhouse: 1 in the carport, 2 cars in the driveway. The Bails: 3 cars in the parking area
- Short drive to Newrybar (5 minutes) and Bangalow (10 minutes)
- 20 minute drive to Byron Bay and Lennox Head
With 2 separate lounge areas at The Farmhouse, there is plenty of space for guests to spread out and enjoy the relaxing country surroundings. No detail has been overlooked with custom-made lounges and beautiful Warwick fabrics taking pride of place. An informal lounge area is adjacent to an expansive country kitchen where a large comfortable sofa faces the smart TV alongside a glorious bay window. An elegant formal lounge area is set at the other end of the house, framed by windows on two sides and large comfortable lounges, perfect for relaxed afternoons in air con comfort reading a book, or for kids to escape for a movie.
The Bails also features an air conditioned double lounge area, including a casual lounge next to the kitchen, and the converted Bails main lounge area with original feature beams. Gaze out through French doors towards the rolling hinterland views from the ornate Chesterfield lounge or designer wingback chair.
Dining & Cooking
A large, combined kitchen and dining area forms the core of The Farmhouse, filled with classic country joinery and an eclectic mix of stylish décor and ornaments. A sturdy long farmhouse table can seat 8 comfortably to cater for large family meals. The air conditioned kitchen boasts ample benchtop space, as well as a gas cooktop and double oven, creating a delightful space for family and friends to prepare meals.
The Bails’ large country-style kitchen is fully equipped to cater for large groups with stainless steel benchtops, a large 5-burner gas stove and oven, and air conditioning. A large wooden dining table takes centre stage in the middle of this large kitchen, ideal for entertaining while cooking up a storm.
There are three bedrooms in the Farmhouse - the master featuring a king bed and full-length antique French mirror, the second king room with lovely sunset views to the west, and the third queen room which enjoys the morning sun or the star filled sky of an evening to the east.
Down at The Bails, all three generously sized rooms feature king beds with the option of splitting to twin-single to offer flexibility for groups with a mixture of couples and singles. The master bedroom features luxurious occasional chairs, French doors opening out to the gardens for added relaxation and an ensuite. The second and third bedrooms, one with views over the sparkling pool, share a bathroom with a freestanding bath with mountain views.
Bedding configuration (sleeps up to 12)
Master bedroom: king bed, air conditioning, sliding door to outside
Bedroom 2: king bed, air conditioning, ceiling fan
Bedroom 3: queen bed, air conditioning, ceiling fan
- Master bedroom: king (can be split), air conditioning, ceiling fan and ensuite
- Bedroom 2: king (can be split), air conditioning, smart TV
- Bedroom 3: king (can be split), air conditioning, ceiling fan and smart TV
Two single trundle beds, suitable for children only, can be made available on request at a rate of $50 per trundle per night.
Bhadra provides 4 bathrooms in total - two in The Farmhouse and two in The Bails. In original farmhouse style, the second bathroom at The Farmhouse is accessed via the laundry on the back deck, perfect for entering from the outdoor dining and pool areas. In contrast, the main bathroom at The Bails was recently renovated and features a freestanding bath with a bay window, perfect for relaxing after a long day.
Bathroom 1 (shared): bath, shower, single vanity, toilet
Bathroom 2 (shared): shower, single vanity, toilet
Bathroom 1 (ensuite from master bedroom): shower, single vanity, toilet
Bathroom 2 (shared): freestanding bath, shower, single vanity
Pools & Outdoor
The Farmhouse provides the option of two outdoor dining tables to enjoy meals throughout the day, maximising the hours of sunshine. The entertaining area overlooking the pool also includes a BBQ and an undercover outdoor lounge setting next to the freestanding outdoor fireplace.
The Farmhouse’s 10m saltwater pool and hot tub are a haven for relaxation - let your eyes wander over the rolling hills and you soak and wash away all of life’s stresses.
Down at The Bails, a large wooden deck - complete with outdoor dining table, lounge and BBQ - spans the length of the property making the most of the spectacular views of the Nightcap Ranges.
The heated 5m in-ground heated plunge pool at The Bails - filled with magnesium water - features rock sourced from the original stone fences on the property. Enjoy long days in the sparkling water watching the sun rise over the hinterland to the east, and set over the hinterland to the west, and on many a morning the wallabies out enjoying the grass.
Please note, The Bails’ 5m swimming pool is heated by an electric heat pump and the temperature is set to 26 degrees during the months of June-September.
Bhadra, with its setting on 125 acres, offers a unique space with complete privacy hidden for group health retreats, corporate getaways, fitness training camps, or private rejuvenation.
The purpose-built, resort-style facilities are designed with convenience and flexibility in mind, and include a championship size tennis court with night lighting and optional basketball hoop, as well as a designer barn complete with meeting room, gymnasium, infrared sauna, massage room, and outdoor shower. A 25m lap pool is in planning stages, with 2 standard pools and an outdoor hot tub already installed at the property.
There are endless opportunities to get back to nature and relax around the 125 acre property with numerous walks from the hilltop through the rainforest and along the creek at the base of the rolling green hills. There is also an abundance of wildlife to keep guests entertained while relaxing on their choice of outdoor deck areas.
Guests are spoilt for choice with facilities at Bhadra, with each of the dwellings offering a full laundry including washing machine, dryer and wash basin.
Unfortunately this property is not pet-friendly.
Bhadra offers parking for up to 2 cars in the driveway and an additional space for 1 car in the carport at The Farmhouse. An additional 3 parking bays are available at The Bails.
Bhadra is located in the lush Byron Bay Hinterland close to the picturesque village of Newrybar - home of the famous Harvest Restaurant, Deli and Bakery - along with an eclectic mix of designer clothing and homeware shops.
The chic nearby village of Bangalow is only 10 minutes’ drive away for further designer shopping and dining, while surrounding beaches at Broken Head (15 minutes) and Byron Bay (20 minutes) are within easy reach.
- 6+ Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 4 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Tennis Court
- Washing Machine
- Private House
- New Listings
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No schoolies permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.