Luxury country living with hinterland views & pool
Located just 10 minutes to beautiful Bangalow is Benny’s Cottage, which has recently undergone a complete facelift and is ready to show off it’s relaxed and stylish new design. No luxury has been spared on this recent remodel, crafted with love by a talented local builder and interior stylist duo. This luxurious, hinterland holiday escape sleeps up to 10 people with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, plus a private loft area with an additional lounge. Wave hello to your only neighbours, the friendly ducks and gentle cows, happily wandering the surrounding paddocks. This magical property gives you the peace and tranquillity found only in the country but within easy reach of shops, restaurants, and more in Clunes and Byron Bay.
4 beautifully decorated bedrooms are located across both floors of Benny’s Cottage, including a loft bedroom with additional lounge space, offering added flexibility for guests. The bathrooms each feature modern, high-end fixtures and sleek design. With heated bathroom floors and towel bars, plus a freestanding soaker tub, you’ll be able to unwind and relax after a full day of adventuring. The living space is extended outward with a large but cozy verandah that hosts a lounge area, dining space and BBQ. A few steps further, discover your own private, saltwater swimming pool, protected by a paddock surrounding the entirety of the house.
Spend your days relaxing poolside with a drink in hand or get out and explore the local landscape. Byron Bay is beloved for its pristine beaches, surfing, and scuba diving sites. Further inland you’ll be able to experience the mystery and magic of the Byron hinterland, from tiny villages oozing with country charm to ancient untouched rainforests. Whether you choose to curl up alone for your favourite Netflix drama or join your crew in the open concept living area beside the wood burning fireplace, there are plenty of ways to enjoy your evenings here. If it’s the outdoors you prefer, settle into a comfy spot on the verandah and watch the sun go down over the vast hinterland acres.
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sleeps 8 (up to 10 including children)
- Purpose-built and re-designed by professional builder and stylist duo
- 5 acres of private land with friendly ducks and cows
- Modern chef’s kitchen with freestanding Falcon double oven
- Saltwater swimming pool with outdoor hot/cold shower
- Indoor wood burning fireplace
- Open concept living, dining, and cooking area
- High-end finishes including heated floors and towel bars, and freestanding tub
- Covered verandah with dining and lounge area, gas BBQ, and retractable fly screens
- Smart TVs with Netflix in the living room and all bedrooms
- 10-minute drive to Bangalow and 8 minutes to Clunes
- 30-minute drive to Byron Bay and beaches
- Parking for 2 cars off street
When it comes to fixtures, the home’s stylist and builder chose to fit Benny’s Cottage with the highest of the high end, while seeking to retain much of the property’s original charm. Oak soaped floorboards grace the hallways, bedrooms and living areas, while a tranquil design and large windows create a bright and inviting atmosphere. Snuggle up in front of the wood burning fireplace, switch on the Smart TV to catch up on your Netflix queue, or open up the large glass doors to extend your living space and let in a fresh, hinterland breeze. Upstairs, escape to the loft area with extra lounge space for seclusion and privacy. The entire cottage is equipped with reverse cycle air conditioning, so you’ll be comfortable whether you visit in the summer or winter months. There’s no need to worry about bugs thanks to fly screens between indoor and outdoor areas.
Cooking & Dining
One of the outstanding features of this property is the large, open concept chefs kitchen. The kitchen is well stocked with high-end, style-conscious appliances including full-sized Smeg refrigerator, spacious dishwasher, butler sink, and the showpiece: a freestanding, Falcon double oven. There is even a complete set of global knives for your convenience. Open to the living space with a large, custom wood dining table and chairs, this kitchen is truly the heart and gathering space of Benny’s Cottage.
The 4 bedrooms at Benny’s Cottage are located across both floors, offering both flexibility and unique character. Downstairs, the first bedroom has a queen bed and a beautiful, farmhouse-style sliding door leading to its own ensuite with shower. A second queen bedroom has its own sunroom, while a third offers two king-single beds.
Upstairs, a spacious loft room with an additional lounge area is ideal for a family with two children, offering one queen bed and two king single beds which are easily joined to create a king. Each bedroom is equipped with reverse-cycle air conditioning and a ceiling fan, as well as a Smart TV with Netflix.
- Bedroom 1 (Downstairs): 1 queen bed with ensuite
- Bedroom 2 (Downstairs): 1 queen bed
- Bedroom 3 (Downstairs): 2 single beds (cannot be combined)
- Bedroom 4 (Upstairs Loft): 1 queen bed and 2 single beds (cannot be combined)
Stepping into any of the cottage’s 3 bathrooms, you’ll love the heated floors made from locally sourced, encaustic tiles by Jatana Design. The design is light and spa-like with crisp, white subway tiles, custom wood vanities, and dramatic, black fixtures that pop. Heated towel bars add another layer of indulgence, while the second shared bathroom offers a stunning, freestanding bathtub, perfect for an indulgent soak after a busy day of country living. An additional separate toilet is located upstairs for extra convenience.
- Bathroom 1 (ensuite): Shower, toilet
- Bathroom 2 (shared): Freestanding bath, shower, toilet
There is also a separate upstairs toilet and a hot/cold shower outside, by the swimming pool.
Outdoor Dining & Entertaining
Benny’s Cottage sits upon a delectable, 5-acre slice of hilly hinterland paradise. From the covered verandah, look down upon the cleared valley and listen to the peaceful sounds of the creek babbling past below and local birds singing their cheerful song. Enjoy watching cows happily munching on grass on the nearby paddocks or the property’s friendly ducks waddling past.
Multiple outdoor spaces have been created for lounging and entertaining, including a large living space with a custom timber wood wall feature, an outdoor sink, and a dining table ready to serve your finest alfresco dinner. Fire up the gas barbecue and cook up something special while others take a dip in the spectacular, 12-metre saltwater swimming pool. With seemingly endless views of the immaculate hinterland hills, this is truly country living at its most luxurious.
There is space for 2 cars to park off street.
Nestled within 5 acres of private land, Benny’s Cottage offers privacy and space just 4 kilometres from Clunes. Pop into town to browse charming local shops and be sure to pick up some of the region’s finest coffee and macadamia nuts, grown locally thanks to the volcanic soils provided by nearby Mount Warning. Bangalow is just 12 minutes away for more designer shopping boutiques and restaurants, or cruise on another 15 minutes to the centre of Byron Bay for the world-famous surfing beaches, exceptional restaurants, and lovely nature trails.
- 4 Bedrooms
- Air Conditioning
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Streaming Service
- Coffee Machine
- Additional Toilet
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 guests at the property.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect StayByron Bay Holiday Rentals. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
Bennys Cottage Location
Bennys Cottage Reviews
A Perfect Stay