Award-winning, solar powered, luxury Byron home
Designed by multi-award-winning architect Sharon Fraser, Amileka is truly a one-of-a-kind, luxurious retreat with 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, spacious living areas, and a huge outdoor entertaining area with pool and firepit. Set on 25 sprawling acres near the charming village of Federal, this contemporary, luxury home has earned multiple awards for innovative architectural design. Admire breathtaking hinterland views while enjoying privacy and space just 30 minutes from Byron Bay.
Amileka is also proud to be the first 'Tesla Destination' in Australia with the home powered by solar to reduce their carbon footprint. If there is more power generated than the house requires, the power is stored on the property with Tesla Powerwall home battery storage. These batteries can power the house for a few minutes to a few hours in the event of a power outage, depending on a number of factors, such as how much excess has been generated, and more importantly, how much power has been used in the house throughout the day. Amileka respectfully asks you to turn off all lights and fans when not in use, to conserve power where possible.
Even better, if you have an electric vehicle, you can request to charge it in the Tesla charging station located in the garage (Type 2 Connector). Check out the video down the page to watch the installation by Tesla, and the Model X at this stunning property.
Amileka is located in a rural area and the internet is a satellite connection so reception may be intermittent at times.
WHO Magazine's travel editor was a recent guest at Amileka - you can enjoy her review here.
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, sleeps up to 13
- Contemporary, award-winning architecture and design by Sharon Fraser
- Solar panels, Tesla Powerwall home battery storage, and Tesla car charging station
- Set on 25 sprawling acres, offering space and privacy
- Stunning valley views over the Hinterland
- Expansive, 18 x 5m swimming pool
- Large lounge area with flat screen TV and Netflix included, plus fireplace with firewood provided
- Separate media room
- Well-appointed kitchen with butler’s pantry
- Ample indoor and outdoor dining spaces
- Outdoor entertaining area includes fire pit and basketball hoop, plus tree swing, trampoline, and playground for the kids
- Pet friendly on request with restrictions
- 2-minute drive to village of Federal (1.9 kilometres)
- 30-minute drive to Byron Bay (20 kilometres)
- Parking for 4 cars in the driveway (uncovered)
At the centre of Amileka is the open-concept living and lounge space. Nestle into the enormous, plush, U-shaped leather sectional and you may just lay there forever. This sunken seating area is the perfect place to cuddle up for your favourite Netflix marathon or spread out and watch a football game with the entire group. For cooler evenings, there’s even a fireplace, fully stocked with additional firewood to keep you extra cosy all night.
The separate media room provides additional space to unwind with its own flat screen TV and comfortable daybeds. There are 3 custom-built trundle beds which can be made up for up to 3 children.
Cooking & Dining
How does your very own private chef sound? At Amileka, the kitchen is set up to perfectly suit the hire of a private chef or a catered dinner with a separate butler’s kitchen and pantry, tucked away behind a frosted glass divider and equipped with commercial-grade stainless steel appliances. You or your private chef can even select fresh, seasonal produce from a large vegetable patch just outside on the property.
Open to the living and entertaining areas, the front kitchen is sleek and bright, with high-end, integrated appliances, and a Nespresso coffee machine with pods provided. Guests can mingle over canapés or simply enjoy a morning brew from the spacious breakfast bar, while the large, indoor dining table has seating for 8.
Each of Amileka’s 5 bedrooms has a charm and character all its own, individually designed with contemporary furnishings, luxurious linens, and inspiring art pieces. The glamorous master bedroom opens out onto a private patio overlooking the scenic Hinterland. The same valley views are afforded from the master’s stunning, ensuite bathroom, the perfect place to unwind with a spacious, sunken bathtub, large vanity area for two, and two overhead showers.
- Bedroom 1: 1 King bed with ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: 1 Queen bed
- Bedroom 3: 1 Queen bed
- Bedroom 4: 1 Queen bed
- Bedroom 5: 2 Single beds (cannot be combined)
- Media room: 3 custom-built trundle beds (suitable for children only)
Set on 25 sprawling acres in the heart of the Hinterland, Amileka’s outdoor spaces are unrivalled. The home’s open, indoor living area flows seamlessly into the outside, providing breathtaking valley views from dynamic dining and entertaining spaces. The expansive, 18x5m in-ground swimming pool is its centrepiece and the ideal place for a refreshing dip or lively poolside gathering.
On cooler evenings, get cosy beside the spacious fire pit with a glass of wine. Al fresco dining is a breeze in the outdoor lounge, with a remote-controlled vergola roof. Leave it open to let in the sun or starlight, or simply keep it closed if the clouds roll in. All along the sides of the lounge, blinds can be pulled up or down as well to enjoy views of lush, rolling valleys. There’s plenty of room for everyone with a mix of banquette and bench-style seating.
For the kids (or simply kids at heart), the property also includes a basketball hoop plus a trampoline, tree swing, and playground outside.
Rare for rental properties in this area, Amileka features a stunning, 18 x 5 metre in-ground pool. The pool is fully tiled and perfectly positioned for admiring the home’s picturesque valley views.
Small, non shedding pets may be welcome on specific request in writing. Please contact our reservations team to discuss. Terms and conditions apply.
Please note, there are cows and horses nearby which we kindly ask are not to be disturbed.
There is space for 4 cars to park in the driveway (uncovered). Garage is generally not available for guest use, however if guests have a Tesla or electric car, it can be opened up for car charging purposes.
For those seeking luxury, space, and privacy, Amileka is the ideal rental accommodation, set on 25 sprawling acres right in the heart of the Hinterland. The quaint village of Federal is just a short drive away with a small general store and the much-beloved Federal Doma Cafe, widely considered the region’s best Japanese food.
The white sand beaches and entertainment of Byron Bay lie a mere 20 kilometres east. 30 minutes driving brings you to the centre of Byron Bay, renowned for its boutique shopping, arts, and food scene. Be sure to enjoy the beautiful beaches and world-famous surf breaks.
Nature lovers will appreciate Amileka’s close proximity to the incredible Minyon Falls. Part of Nightcap National Park, the Falls is a short and scenic, 30-minute drive from the property.
- 5 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- Ceiling Fans
- Beach/Pool Towels
- Full Kitchen
- Smart TV
- DVD Player
- Laundry Facilities
- Hair Dryer
- Streaming Service
- Complimentary Meet and Greet
- Coffee Machine
- Super Luxe
- Group restrictions - maximum of 8 adults at the property unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- Strict noise policy and no parties permitted - fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs. See terms and conditions for further information.
- No commercial activities or events permitted including but not limited to hens/bucks events, engagements or weddings.
- Intimate events, photo/video shoots may be arranged directly with A Perfect Stay. Additional fees and T&C’s apply.
- No Schoolies or school-leavers permitted.
- No smoking inside the property.
- If dates include both Christmas Day and New Year's Eve a 12-night min stay applies, unless otherwise approved directly with A Perfect Stay/Byron Bay Holiday Rentals.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in immediate termination without refund of rent or bond.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent (including booking fee, cleaning, linen, and credit card fees) is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $2500 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay
A Perfect Stay