Nominate a Flood Hero Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are in relation to A Perfect Stay’s ‘Nominate a flood hero’ initiative. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
The Promoter is A Perfect Stay, ABN 26624563300, office location Suites 37-38, Habitat, 1 Porter Street, Byron Bay NSW 2481.
The competition will be run over Instagram and Facebook and the winner will be selected upon merit.
Promotion inclusions and exclusions
- There are three (3) main prizes - one (1) prize for each of the three (3) best-selected entries. Each prize has the same conditions, inclusions and exclusions, however, includes a different property.
- Each prize includes one (1) consecutive three (3) night stay at a property managed by A Perfect Stay, plus a gift pack from A Perfect Stay. There is a specific range of properties available for the initiative including Gold Coast, Byron Bay, Lennox Head and Melbourne locations, and each property can only be selected once.
- The three (3) night stay must be three (3) consecutive days during the following period: Sunday 15 May 2022 - Wednesday 31 August 2022 excluding school holidays, long weekends, and special events/festivals, and is subject to availability.
- The booking at the selected property can include up to the maximum occupancy permitted at the property, per the listing on https://www.aperfectstay.com.au/. Restrictions on the number of adults/children, and/or pets at the property, is to be abided by. Parties, party groups, events, and commercial activities are not permitted at any of the properties.
- The winners will be required to pay the applicable security bond for the property booked, per the listing on https://www.aperfectstay.com.au/.
- Standard booking terms and conditions must be adhered to by the winner and their guests and can be found on https://www.aperfectstay.com.au/terms-and-conditions.
- The property stay includes the standard cost of cleaning and linen for the property up to the specified number of guests permitted. If excess cleaning is required as per the conditions of the bond, this is to be covered by the winner and their guests.
- The prizes do not include airfares/transfers or transport to, from, or around Byron Bay; spending money, travel insurance, or money for any other incidentals during the guest’s stay in Byron Bay.
- Each prize is valued up to AUD $3,400 AUD depending on the property selected and booked.
- Total prize pool value is up to AUD $10,580 depending on the properties selected by the winners and dates booked. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- All prizes are valued in Australian dollars (AUD).
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
How to enter
- There is no entry fee to enter.
- To enter, eligible entrants must either:
- Comment on one (1) of the 'Nominate a Hero' posts on A Perfect Stay’s Instagram or Facebook pages with details of who the hero is, and what heroic task they have done. Tag the hero in the post, or if they don’t have an Instagram or Facebook social media account, include their name for consideration.
- Create a post on your own public Facebook or Instagram social media account and nominate a flood hero with images and details of the heroic task they have done using the hashtag #NominateAFloodHero and tagging A Perfect Stay (@aperfectstay). Imagery is encouraged, but is not required. In order for A Perfect Stay to be able to see the post for consideration, the Instagram and/or Facebook settings on the page must be set to ‘public’.
- Instagram stories will not be considered as valid entries.
- Entrants can enter as many times as they like.
- Employees of the A Perfect Stay Group, their family members and friends are permitted to enter the competition and nominate a flood hero. Their entry will not be given any additional consideration in the initiative, however, will be deemed a valid entry.
- A Perfect Stay may request further information or related images to support an entry to be considered.
Promotion dates and notifications
- Promotion commences 9:00am AEST Wednesday 6 April 2022 and closes 11:59pm AEST on Sunday 1 May 2022 (promotional period).
- The winners of the prizes will be selected on merit on Tuesday 3 May 2022.
- The winners will be announced on A Perfect Stay’s Facebook and Instagram pages, and on the promotion page, by 5:00pm AEST Wednesday 4 May 2022.
- To claim their prize, winners are required to contact A Perfect Stay as outlined in the Facebook and Instagram posts that announce the winners on Wednesday 4 May 2022, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If any of the winners do not claim their prize within 48 hours, A Perfect Stay will select a new winner(s) based on the next best entry.
- Winners can choose from a range of participating properties, subject to availability. Selection priority will be awarded on a first come, first serve basis, as the winners contact A Perfect Stay. Once a property has been selected, it will not be available to the other winners.
- All prizes must be used by Wednesday 31 August 2022. If for any reason a winner does not redeem their prize (or an element of a prize) by the time stipulated by A Perfect Stay (Wednesday 31 August 2022), the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
- The winner must be 18 years of age or over, or must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of the booking.
- If the stay is canceled at the winner’s request, the prize will be forfeited and new dates will not be made available.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoter reserves the right to substitute the properties included for the prizes at any time and without notice, even after a property has been selected for a prize.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.